Ok, so Father’s Day is approaching and you’d rather go to the dentist than buy another tie. Save the appointment for wisdom teeth trouble and make shopping a little easier. Here are 10 gift ideas for Father’s day that are sure to bring a SINCERE smile to his face.
10. Father of the Year Plaque – Show your appreciation for that special Father with a trophy or plaque that honors him as a Father.
9. Magazine Subscription- This is the gift that keeps on giving year round. Popular subscriptions are Sports Illustrated, Men’s Journal and Muscle & Fitness. There are others that I would rather not mention, but I am sure would get a positive reaction, if you know what I mean.
8. Sports Tickets- Because Father’s Day is during the summer, baseball would the sporting event to get tickets for. Other options are wrestling events or golf tournaments.
7. Golf Getaway- Speaking of golf, a golf getaway is a really nice gift and a great way for busy dad to unwind.
6. Gift Basket- You are probably thinking Gift Basket?! Yup I said gift basket. You can find any themed gift basket nowadays including golf, fishing, football, baseball and movie lovers.
5. Clothing- I gave my father-in-law a T-shirt with his only granddaughter’s picture on it and it he has it folded in a drawer so that he can’t ruin it. Saying he worships it -is an understatement. If he isn’t the sentimental type, golf shirts and shorts work too.
4. Watch – They seem to be a necessity that men don’t splurge on. If he is wearing a watch with a plastic wristband, you need to read no further. Go shopping right away.
3. Barbeque Supplies- The weather is warm and there is a good chance you are having a BBQ to celebrate Father’s Day. Start the BBQ off right with new cooking tools for the BBQ cook.
2. Tools- This is a pretty obvious choice but a great gift nonetheless. Especially if you married someone like Tim Taylor – The Tool Man
1. A day to watch sports, pig out and do whatever it is, he likes to do. Consider this his special day. Things like breakfast in bed, renting his favorite movie (you know the one with all the guns, violence and macho stuff) and cooking his favorite dinner could be just what the father asked for.